It should be noted that the rafting company in the Pieniny National Park provides ONLY the RAFTING SERVICES, i.e. sailing the river. You have to choose a mode of transport to get back to Červený Kláštor. This is your responsibility not ours. There are several options:
– You can go on foot, it takes approximately 2 hours. This is a nice 9 kilometers walk along the river, the path is mostly flat with 2 small elevations. Not a big deal even for families with kids.
– You can borrow bikes and use the same track as pedestrians (it is a bike-pedestrian path), this is the tourists’ most favorite option. Bicycles for adults and kids are available as well as carriages for the littlest ones.
– You can go by bus that operates between the port Lesnica and the start point Červený Kláštor and leaves about every 60 minutes or you can go by microbus which leaves when it is full.
Please note that the bus parking lot and bicycle rental companies are about 800 metres distant from the port (they are located next to the restaurant called Chata Pieniny). You have to go on foot to get there.
And what are the prices?
– your feet are for free J so this is the most economically advantageous option,
– bike rental (for about 2 hours) costs 5 euro per person (carriage rental costs 2 euro),
– travelling by bus costs 2 euro per person,
– travelling by microbus costs 4 euro per person.*
*The above mentioned prices are approximate and they may vary according to provider.